How to choose the correct suit size?
A classic men's suit, because of its versatility and beauty, is in the wardrobe of every man who is watching their own style. However, if you decide to buy a suit for the first time, you should know what are the different types of costumes, and most importantly - how to hold the fitting in order to be sure that the costume suited to your size and your figure.
1. There are three main types of costumes - American, English, European, and they are suitable for men of different stature. If you have a big physique, you will approach an American suit with single-breasted jacket with three buttons and straight trousers stringent. Unbuttoning the top button, you can visually make your body leaner and more.
2. If you can show off athletic and graceful figure, the best option for you would be English suit with waist coat and elongated with a slit from behind. This book will emphasize the dignity suit your figure.
3. Also, there are European or Italian suits, which are different from other low-cut, short length coat, high armhole and strict shoulders. Blazers in the European single-breasted suits more often and have two buttons. If you want to find a jacket without a cut, you should focus on the European version, but if you do not have athletic forms, from European-style is abandoned.
4. Too slender man suit suit, which adds to it a little bit of fullness. Determine for what cases do you need a costume - it also depends on the choice of style, color and other parameters of the suit.
5. The correct costume - it is half the experience of man and of his image, so learn how to try on clothes. Concentrate on fitting jacket, and in particular - fit the shoulder girdle and gates. If a suit is chosen correctly, it should sit on your figure, tightly facilitate shoulders, as if it was sewn just for you. In this case you should feel the freedom of movement and comfort, when put on a jacket - watch for his feelings during the fitting.
6. If you feel stiff and uncomfortable, do not buy this model. Wearing a jacket, stretch your arms forward, change the number of positions, and then check to see whether there raised their hands on the back of the jacket folds. Folds should not be a vertical or horizontal, even if you lift your hands up.
7. Check whether your length jacket is very simple - stand up straight and lower your arms, and then try to grab his hands flaps of his jacket. If you do this easily, then you choose the right length jacket. It should not be too long nor too short. The sleeves of his jacket should be slightly shorter than the sleeves of your shirt, but no more than half a centimeter. Lapels should fit snugly on the shoulders and collar may be a half inch up over the edge of the collar of his jacket.
8. Breast pocket is traditionally placed on the left side of the chest. Notice how high armhole, and is conveniently located a jacket under the arm. Armhole must not be low.
9. Waist pants from a suit must be located exactly at the waist and bottom edge of the leg to close to the middle of the heel of your shoe. Pants should not be too long, otherwise they will look baggy. Look, the arrows formed a small lounge pants from ankle - is evidence that the pants selected the correct length.
With the tables below men's sizes, you can easily determine the size
of your suit, jacket, pants, shirts in the standard, which is often used in the UK.
All sizes to nearest 1/2 inch.
Jackets size UK
Trousers LengthIn inches
Men's suits, coats and sweaters in UK - Europian - Japan - USA